FACING CHALLENGING GOALS AND UNPREDICTABLE PATHS?
PRACTICE SCIENTIFIC THINKING!
Your team’s ability to learn and adapt is paramount, and scientific thinking is the key to unlocking this invaluable skill. The bad news: It's not our natural default position as adults. The good news: There’s a simple and proven approach to developing it in any organization or team—including yours—called Toyota Kata. Professor Sylvain Landry lays out a straightforward management practice that enables each level of your organization to apply scientific ways of thinking and working, to achieve whatever goals you’re pursuing.
“This book is that good!!! I can’t wait to have leaders read it! Sylvain shares his journey with Kata in a way that transported me into it. He brings a clear understanding and a powerful message on how to go about it, in a short and easy-to-read format. I consider this essential reading for anyone looking to start scientific-thinking practice in their organization.”
– Tony Hren, Senior Director,Danaher Business System, Danaher Corporation
“A practical and easily digestible book on Toyota Kata that’s perfect for our managers and their teams.”
– Kasper Bødker Mejlvang, General Manager,Novo Nordisk Denmark & Iceland
"Sylvain Landry captures the essence of developing practical, everyday scientific thinking that powers up your team, intertwined with the fascinating psychology behind it."
– Timothy McQueen, General Manager, GE Aviation
“If I'd had this book before I got into Kata it would have increased my understanding of how to get started. A great precursor to initial training and practice.”
– Andrea Simpson, Senior Operations Director and Process Improvement, NEA Baptist Health System
“As a leader of an organization, the challenge of improving is hard to sustain. This MUST-read book highlights how top organizations fuel their journey, and even enjoy the trip, by managers shepherding practice of scientific thinking in their teams.”
– Dan Bergeron, President & CEO of SigmaPoint Technologies
“A compact book every manager who wants to coach high performance should read. Take it along on your next flight.”
– Professor Jeffrey Liker, author of the bestseller The Toyota Way
“We develop many thinking habits at work, which makes the workplace the world’s largest classroom and managers its teachers. What skills and mindset are you conveying in your team? Read this book and realize how important your work with your team is.”
– Mike Rother, author of the bestselling Learning to See,Toyota Kata and The Toyota Kata Practice Guide