2. Definition of Personal Information. By Personal Information, we mean any information which relates to an individual and allows that person to be identified, such as your name, e-mail address, and mailing address (the “Personal Information”).
3. Collection of Personal Information. We collect information that helps us process your sales and purchases and personalize and improve your use of the Service and experience on the Website. We collect and store information about you such as:
a. Account. When registering for an account, we collect information such as your name, gender, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address.
b. Contacting Us. When you contact us through the Website, by e-mail, through submitting a customer review or survey, entering a contest, we collect the information that you provide to us in the course of the communication.
c. Newsletter. If you opt-in to receive newsletters from us, you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address. We will inform you on our products and services, promotions and contests. You may withdraw your consent to receiving such communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
e. Statistics. We also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender and data about use of the Services such as connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to third parties.
4. Use of Personal Information. We only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected. We collect and use your personal information to:
a. Operate the Website and deliver the service you have requested.
b. Provide you information about our products and services, discounts or other benefits, including promotions and contests, pertaining to our products or services or those of our partners. These offers may at times be tailored to your interests, the products you purchased or the services you use.
c. Conduct marketing studies and surveys about our current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
d. Organize promotional activities and contact contest winners.
e. Improve our Website experience and content.
a. Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf or assist us with the provision of services to you. These third-party service providers include website hosting providers, IT services providers, payment processors, e-mail service providers, customer service providers, data analysts, third party marketing or survey platforms. We will not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
c. Legal Requirement. We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
7. Retention. We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law.
8. Security. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We use industry standard encryption technology to process sensitive data such as your credit card or other payment information.
9. Access and Accuracy. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to provide you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and update your Personal Information we have collected. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information to the extent possible. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate.
10. Storage of your Personal Information. Our servers are located in Canada. Your Personal Information will be stored and will remain in Canada accordingly.
11. Children under the age of 13. The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information on such children.
Last updated: September 8th, 2016